Most days I feel like it is exhausting being me.
Here’s my day:
- Wake Up (#gratitudeattitude).
- Feed the dog.
- Make the coffee.
- Get ready while simultaneously checking my phone (#fomo).
- Load about 15 bags in the car that I need for the day (laptop bag, workout bag, things for the post office, purse, littler purse, make-up bag, lunch bag, extra snacks and sparkling water - yes, this is excessive, but not really 15 - I exaggerate)
- Then I put my multi-tasking skills to the test: drive, make-up application, call my mother, drink my coffee & initiate work email conversations at every stop light.
- Unload all 15 bags.
- Go to literally 15 meetings, not an exaggeration.
- Load all 15 bags back in my car.
- 55 minutes of bliss @ Pure Barre.
- Drive home singing at the top of my lungs.
- Throw some sort of food on a plate, hopefully it is green.
- Swig a glass of wine - a bottle if I am feeling wild.
- Watch an episode of whatever I’m binging on - two if I am feeling wild.
- Go to bed.
REPEAT. [almost] Every. Damn. Day.
Whoa do I sound boring -
As I wrote this, I could think of nothing more than handcuffs and chains - and not the sexy kind. And my life isn’t even overrun with responsibility - I couldn’t imagine if I had kids beyond my furbaby, and my husband - I mean you parentals are all Gawds in my mind. Add a goldfish to this scene and it might put me over the edge - shoot, I have to have my groceries delivered so I don’t have a cardiac arrest in aisle 10. Did I mention I exaggerate? (#firstworldproblems)
So here’s the joke: I must like this.
Here’s the punchline: This week - I did.
#TruthTalk: I usually don't. In fact, that is why we started Golden Rhino: to break up this monotony and have a passion project to give us more life and more of the life we want instead of the grind.
So what made this week feel different? I was doing the mundane, but it felt like I was doing it with 10% more of my brain functioning. I had this beautiful euphoria of a feeling all week - complete with giggle fits, moments of genuine genius, splashes of creativity and splurges of energy. I can only imagine this is what a ‘runner’s high’ feels like - or any high.
Everything looked a little brighter, I smiled a little wider, I smiled a lot, and I felt...ALIVE. Like really alive, like every cell of my body was doing a happy dance and my mind couldn’t help but join in. I felt free and lost and safe all at the same time. I felt special.
I felt happy.
The feeling has since slightly dissipated, if it were a pill, I’d need another dose, but it is still lingering. It’s like the morning after a kick-ass party and there is that one chick still swaying her hips even though the party ended hours ago, she just wasn’t ready for it to stop.
I don’t know how this overwhelming feeling of happy came about, or why it was this week. Typically, I’d guess - our motto is ‘Take Charge’ and you can’t do that unless you have the equation to make it proactive. But for once in my life, I am not going to try to find the answer or share some secret of life for happy to find and follow you -
I don’t want to ruin this feeling or trivialize it by analyzing and overthinking.
I just want to roll around in it and enjoy it.
So, that’s it. I just wanted to share the feeling of being happy for the sake of being happy, because I am so thankful to have had it. I hope you get this feeling - and when you do, just roll around in it.